Thursday, February 20, 2014

To Hell with Realism


Today, I was thinking of the word Regret. Many people at certain stages in my life, especially in stages of change, ask me “Are you regretting your decision and the past?” My spontaneous reply is “I never regretted anything” Ma shaa allah.

As part of my usual morning hallucinations, I asked myself why I haven’t regretted anything? Here are my answers:

  • I know that in every stage in life or change I learn something from the bad and the good, which makes me thankful.
  • I’m a person who values the good over the bad.
  • I enjoy challenges that come with the changes and the process of building myself up to cope with it with God’s help of course. I hate defeat and I hate to be defeated by challenges.
  • I know quite well that I’m the one who took the decision and I’m the one to take the responsibility for it too.
  • I hate wasting my time and energy over past things knowing that I can’t go back to fix or change them. I’d rather think of the future and how to make things better. I don’t even look back.
  • I believe that whatever we go through is part God’s destiny for us. And being our creator, he knows what is good for us even if we feel it is bad. God has his wisdom in everything happening to us.
People think I’m a dreamer and my feet are barely on the ground. But I don’t care. If I’m dreamer with no regrets, I don’t care, as long as this keeps me going and living with life’s ups and downs. To hell with realism that kills the dreamer in me.

2 comments:

  1. بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
    أشكركم جداً على هذه المدونة الجميلة

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. عفواً أحمد. وشكراً على قرأتك لها

      Delete