Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Day We Drifted Apart & After


Yes, the day we drifted apart
I felt pain, betrayal, anger, pity, and sorrow.

However,


After the day we drifted apart
I recognized that I can live without you

After the day we drifted apart
I realized that you are not the center of the world

After the day we drifted apart
I lifted a burden off my shoulders

After the day we drifted apart
I was able to put you in the right place

After the day we drifted apart
I became free of worrying about you getting me wrong

After the day we drifted apart
I found I have many other aspects of life

After the day we drifted apart
I saw life as a valuable gift

After the day we drifted apart
I discovered the world as a beautiful place

After the day we drifted apart
I felt the right to enjoy my life

After the day we drifted apart
I learnt how to love other people

After the day we drifted apart
I became a nicer person

After the day we drifted apart
I was able to love myself

After the day we drifted apart
I shined anew

Thank you for ALL the days AFTER the day we drifted apart


Written by me

7 comments:

  1. I really like this poem. It speaks to me. Its beautiful. I just got out of a relationship and now I feel like myself again. Thank you for sharing and writing this.

    Kristie H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kiristie. You know I wrote this poem to all the people I decided to go on without or put them on their right places, since they hurt me and became a burden I no more want to carry. For me it is not about one person.
    I'm happy that it touched you and others in different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a piece of work.
    It comes from a deep part of you, which makes it so true and honest. It touched me deeply, cause there are people in my life whom I suffered a lot at first just thinking of their departure, and when I decided to finish their chapter in my book of life, things became a lot better.
    It is really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shemo, this one is great, now I understand what u were saying the other day about people who were surprised to see this part of YOU!
    I can say that this one is ur 2nd best piece of work (after Magi), it really describes how I felt after deciding to as u said "put them on their right places".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Strange how life makes us view things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. فعلا احساس مهم جدا ان يتحرر الانسان من العبودية لاي شيء غير اللة

    انها الحرية

    تعيش تعيش الحرية دي الحرية تساوي ملايين

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh the joy of letting go and moving on knowing in our hearts we have done the right thing.
    I love this poem......:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete