Sunday, December 28, 2008

To My Sister Maggie

To My Wonderful Sister Maggie,
In my life, experience taught me NOT to expect much from people, even my closest persons. I learnt from you the meaning of responsibility, how to be self-responsible and responsibility towards others. May be I’m not that responsible towards others, but I know how to bear responsibilities through you.
Going back to NOT expecting much from people, you smashed this belief, especially when it comes to you and your family.
I really want to thank you so much for your care about me when I was in Kuwait. Let me explain to you 2 cases; the case I expected and the actual case.
The case that I expected was satisfactory to me; I had no problem with it at all, if it was the actual case:
  • I thought we will meet only in weekends, due to the exam period and my work conditions.
  • I thought I’ll do my shopping myself in most of the days.
  • I thought I’ll thoroughly depend on myself in most of the things.
The Actual Case that made me feel I’m important to you more than I ever expected is:
  • You were with me heart and soul in every little thing in the morning, the afternoon, and the night.
  • We almost met every day, Ihab was so nice to me bringing me to your place from work almost every day. In a number of times, I was late and never felt any annoyance on his part.
  • Every day you had to bring me back to the hotel.
  • Mariuma and Shery were very nice and loving. I was really very touched when they stayed with me for a night. It was the best night I had there.
  • You went shopping with me and did a lot of things for me, though your daughters were in the middle of their mid-year exams. You never let me go shopping myself.
  • A day when I forgot my charger at work, you drove to the hotel and brought me your computer charger, though Shery was having an Arabic test 2 days later.
  • I felt your keenness and sincerity to help me get whatever I want.
What really surprised me was a very strange question you asked a day before leaving Kuwait “Hope we didn’t upset you. Did we?” I think after all that, I’ll never be justified to be upset with you or any person from your loving family.
Thank you so much, I really felt loved, important, and cared for more than I ever expected. You made me let go my belief “not to expect much even from the closest persons”.
Now I believe “I can expect much specially from the closest person to my heart Maggie” I Love YOU More Than You Can Ever Imagine. You are such a sweet, amazing, loving, and responsible sister. God bless you and your family in everything you do or wish to do or have.
For 15 years now I used to miss you when you are at Kuwait, but this year now I’m missing you and your family more than ever.

3 comments:

  1. I just read this now. I am glad that someone changed the belief of "not expecting any thing from any one". I know how great this feels. Hope you will experience this over and over again with different people. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was touched by your nice words to the extent that I could not control my tears

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful tribute to a beautiful lady.
    I so enjoyed this post....:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete